Protect and Regain Your Organic Online Presence
What is a Google Penalty?
The Most Common Causes for Google Penalties
As mentioned, Google Penalties are broadly applied when a website sits outside of Google’s marketing guidelines. This mistake can happen for a range of reasons, especially without expert oversight of online activities including link acquisition and content creation. However, the most common causes for Google penalties include:
- Unnatural links: Unnatural links that Google suspects to have been paid for or utilised as a part of a linking scheme are prone to Google penalties in some instances. This penalty may be localised to specific website pages or applied to entire websites depending on the extent and usage of links in question.
- Low quality/duplicate content: Automatically generated, low-quality content, or even duplicate content used without a disclaimer, can also result in Google penalties, as well as damaging notes that throw content value into question for consumers.
- Spam: While it’s less common to receive Google penalties for spam, excessive cloaking or spam-only websites can still lead to penalties, even for other sites on a host if that hosting site is linked to numerous spam incidences.
In the pursuit of a high-level online presence as offered by Adaptive, our services will ensure that you avoid these penalties in the first place. If penalties are already present, our expert handling of a team that understands what real and lasting recovery looks like is always best for getting you back on Google’s good side.
The Importance of Google Penalty Recovery
Given that the impact of Google penalties can worsen the longer this issue remains unaddressed, fast and proactive recovery is essential for a wide range of reasons, with just a few benefits to immediate action here including:
- Access to your organic traffic
- Increased potential for conversions
- Higher-quality web content in general
- Re-indexing and resumed SEO rankings
- And more
How can Adaptive Help You Back on Your Feet?
- Third-party script removals
- The identification of bad backlinks
- The improvement of existing content
- The removal of duplicate or stolen content
- Core Web Vitals and Mobile friendly website functionality
- Direct liaison with Google regarding manual penalty removal
- And more